Sunday, April 15, 2007

Reactions and the weekend

Well, I visited home for the first time since I got my new piercing. Of course, it was the first thing everyone wanted to see, but no one made a comment. I think I amuse them above anything else. I'm just wired a little different. Maybe it's a bit of a rebellious streak, but my heart is in the right place. Honestly.

It was a good weekend with the fam and our good friends the Hamiltons. They are like my second parents. We always laugh a lot when we're all together. Saturday morning, we went to the Hot Shot Cafe - a local breakfast hotspot. So delicious. I got 2 eggs cooked medium, home fries, extra crispy bacon and wheat toast. MMmmmm. Then off we went to B.B. Barnes to shop for plants. I ended up getting a shallow basket and filled it with 5 different little plants. It will sit on my front stoop. Of course, seeing as it's cold in Charlotte tonight, it will sit indoors until it warms up a bit. Later, we went out for a nice dinner at Amici -- a nice Italian restaurant. I was the only one not crazy about my entree. And so it goes.

After dinner, I met up with my dear friend John Murphy. He likes the piercing. We set off for Scully's where we had a pint of Blue Moon. The we ventured to the W.A. (West Asheville). It was the 5 year anniversary of the Westville Pub. We didn't partake, but we sat outside at one of the tables and chatted for over an hour. I see how my friend has grown so much in the last few months. It's so awesome. God is faithful. That sums it up.

This morning, we worshipped with other Christians and had the Lord's Supper. It was good to see old friends. Afterwards, we had a big lunch back at the homestead. Deeeeelish. My mom made: pork ribs, chicken and broccoli casserole, hash brown casserole, cabbage salad, 7 layer salad, and strawberry jellow. YUM. No diet today.

Oh, I almost forgot. I managed to catch something on fire. That added a bit of excitement! I turned on the wrong burner and there was a placemat on the burner I did turn on. We got a good laugh, but the smoke inhalation was dreadful.

After a relaxing time catching up with friends, I hit the road back to Charlotte. Now, I'm sitting on my couch enjoying the quiet of my apartment.

Work tomorrow. *Sigh.

No comments: