Thursday, April 19, 2007

It's 2:19am

I'm up and it's not because I have insomnia. My frickin' neighbors have a penchant for watching tv until all hours of the morning. I am so angry that my heart is beating through my shirt. People think I should bang on the wall. That seems immature to me. Plus, there is a child that sleeps on that room. First it was loud arguing (to the point i almost called the police). Then, it was their "lovemaking". Now, its the tv. I put earphones in, but that only lasts so long. Then, I'm up again because I hear the damn tv. Excuse my language. I'm just really mad at this moment.

I've let the management know. They say call the police. It seems silly to bother the police who are out making the city a little safer by warding off violence to come to an apartment due to me being able to hear noise through the wall! I am considering writing my neighbors a short letter letting them know what I hear and how I would really appreciate it if they would be a bit more considerate.

I think what makes me the most upset is the lack of consideration. I have no idea if these people even work. I rarely see them, but I hear them a lot. When I come home, the tv is on on the bedroom. When I go to sleep, it's on. Come on people! Go outside!!! Live a little. FOR MY SAKE.

(I'm open to suggestion on how to handle this issue. Please leave a comment if you feel so inclined).

Now, I'm on my couch hoping to catch 4 more hours sleep. Funny thing is, I can still hear the tv in the distance. It's going through 2 walls!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

We had similar neighbors at our old place--played super loud music at 2 a.m. and so on--and we actually did call the cops on them. They wrote us an apology note and clipped it to our door and we never had a problem with them again. Maybe you should consider it...you definitely need your sleep!