Thursday, December 28, 2006

Lit

Hi friends. I have to share this with you before I forget (though I'm not likely to forget it). On Tuesday afternoon, I was leaving Fletcher, NC (home of Rog and Jan) and I needed to stop and fill up Plum for the ride back to Charlotte. First, I am about to pull in and this jerk comes in from the other side and takes the pump I am about 6 feet away from. Of course, he makes no eye contact (they never do). Then, as I'm approaching the very last "gas island", I see this old guy messing with the pump and he's got a cigarette hanging off his lips. I think to myself, "Gosh, this guy can't wait to light his ciggie! What an addict!" Well, I pull up, turn off my car, step out and folks, his cigarette is LIT." The guy is standing there and then starts to walk behind his vehicle. I responded by saying, "Sir, if you don't mind, just please stay over there. I do ot feel comfortable pumping gas with you over here." He kind of laughed to himself, but stayed over there. The whole time I'm thinking I'm going to die. I have never wanted the gas to flow as quickly into my car as I did that day! I didn't die, of course, I lived to tell.

Ironically, at this very moment I'm watching Thank Your For Smoking

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Steph,
Mary and I watched Thank You For Smoking a few months back. Hilarious movie, with some interesting themes.

Loved the blog. We were in a theatre the other day sitting in those seats right behind the guard rails. Well these kids next to us were kicking them until I turned to them, pointed, shook my finger and softly said "don't do that.".