Thursday, December 07, 2006

The 16 days or so of Christmas...errr food

So, in the legal department where I work, the other ladies came up with the fantastic idea of bringing food to the office in celebration of the holidays. Now, with most companies, this means bringing in food on a certain day. Well, not at my work. We are bringing food in EVERY SINGLE WORK DAY until the end of the year! Can we say holiday 15? 15 being the number of pounds I am bound to gain if i indulge in it all. Thank God for Christal who, yesterday, brought in a tray of strawberries, cantaloupe and honeydew (how she got fruit not in season and that tasted so good is beyond me)! She also brought in hummus and then some muffins to satisfy those who thought they might have been jipped by the fruit tray. oh, wait, she also brought VEGGIES. Yay!

Okay, so my turn is tomorrow. I made a hash brown casserole, home made chocolate chip scones and a veggie pizza appetizer thing. I am excited to see how they go over. I feel pretty darn good about my culinary skills that were displayed tonight. It's been FOREVER since I cooked or baked anything. I've been without my own kitchen for awhile now.

Sidenote: Someone at work told me the other day that usually everyone who comes to this company puts on 10 lbs! Oh no, not me honey!!!

So Merry Christmas and Happy Eating. Remember these tips for a holiday party:

1. Drink plenty of water beforehand (so instead of going back to the table of food, you're forced to go back and forth to the bathroom).
2. Eat a little sumpin' before the party (I think people say this so that when you go to the party you don't look like the cow that is eating EVERYTHING in sight because it's Christmas and you're supposed to eat this much!)
3. Stay with veggies and fruit (Oh please. Like we're really going to do this. It's Christmas and it's all about cookies, pastries, dips and doo-dahs).

1 comment:

Amy said...

Yum! Your food sounds delish. You should post the recipes. I'm sure your co-workers were impressed. I have to say that the near-constant free food supply at work is one thing I don't miss now that I'm at home! I could never walk away from a donut.