Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Hard week

I always have expectations that Christmas will be this grand holiday where traditions will be in place and everyone will be happy, the house will be filled with laughter and the love will abound. It's never quite like that. Truth be told, it's usually a hard week with the occasional highlights.

A few of the highlights from this Christmas are: 1)getting this beautiful diamond necklace from my parents, 2) reading a book, 3) finding perfect fitting pants at BR, 4) seeing my nieces and nephew.

I miss Steve. He's in PA visiting his sister and her family. I just miss him. He's my boyfriend and my companion. I want him here.

I'm sad because my grandma just passed away and there's some scandal over what has happened to some of her stuff. We had a beatiful memorial service for her, but now it's being overshadowed by this crap. She had beautiful things that should have been passed on to her kids and grandkids, but it's gone apparently. There are no GOOD anwers about what happened to all of it.

Oh, and my alarm didn't go off this morning -- my first day back to work. Thank GOD my friend Holly called me at 7:20. I was snoozing hard. The fact that she called is providential. Thankfully, there's hardly anyone working today.

Holidays are romanticized. I'm over it. I'm over thinking that they'll be great. Maybe someday I'll be surprised. The fact of the matter is that holidays are often the hardest part of the year and I'm starting to realize that more and more.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Sorry sweetie...I know what you mean about holiday ideals and then holiday realities. They just don't match up--and far from it, all too often.
But...Steve will be home soon, and yay for good friend Holly!