Sunday, June 10, 2007

Leaving on a jet plane

It's Sunday night. Tomorrow morning I will be flying to Charleston, SC and then driving home to Charlotte, NC. I will be very thankful to be home.
CT has been good. It is a different world here. The rolling hills of the estates (read: mansions) here are very impressive. It's all about the Benjamins.
My cousin Mallory graduated from KLHT (prep school in Stamford CT) and my uncle (her father) gave the commencement address. He is a gifted speaker and he's pretty darn witty. He wrote and Ode to the Class of 2007 and had a little rhyme for every student (all 60 of them). It drew a lot of laughs.
Anyway, it was a good time visiting with relatives I haven't seen in a very long time. My cousin Trace has 2 kids, Michayla and Spencer. They are precious and there will be photos posted up on my Flickr site very soon. When I hang out with them it makes me wish we had been more a part of each other's lives. Ian is a great guy and Mallory is hilarious.
Anyhooo, I'm almost home.

No comments: