Friday, June 08, 2007

Last day

So today is our last full day at the beach. Tomorrow morning we (the fam) board a plane to Connecticut where my Uncle Durrie will deliver the commencement address at my cousin Mallory's high school graduation. It seems bizarre to be flying somewhere after being at the beach for a week.

Part of me is ready to be back in Charlotte. Not at work necessarily, but just in my own space. My niche. Yes, I think I have one there now.

I miss my friends a lot too. I really needed a playmate for this week. It would have been great to have someone to go run with, to just hang with. Everyone else had a "buddy". It's cool though. I'm making the best of it.

This morning, we will eat a big breakfast of eggs, pancakes and bacon. Then, we'll head to the beach for a couple of hours. The rest of the day is open. The sky is blue, the breeze is slight. I think it will be a good day.

I pray so!

No comments: