Friday, June 29, 2007

Amazing stuff


If this exhibit comes to a town near you, go go go!
I don't really understand how anyone can leave the exhibit believing that evolution is how we came about. The details of our bodies inside and out is overwhelming. Steve and I had planned to go to Charlotte version of Downtown After 5, but walked by the Discovery Place and decided to see if we could get tickets. And we did! I can't even begin to tell you how wonderfully we are made. The detail down to the tiny little blood vessels and nerves all over our body -- it's humbling. Steve and I talked about how so much can go wrong with all or many systems, but how it's in perfect balance. My favorite part was the prenatal section. It was very moving to see the development of a child inside the womb. They even had the body of a woman who died during childbirth with her child still intact inside her womb. Oh my word it was incredible! Our bodies are "fearfully and wonderfully made."
The bodies are preserved by this method called Plastination. Steve and I got a laugh when we were leaving the exhibit and the girl who took our little audio tour device told us that their was a short video on "pasteurization" right outisde. I thought maybe she said "plasteurization". Poor girl.
(This picture is not mine)

No comments: