Monday, February 12, 2007

Precious


This is a photo of my dad, Roger, and me. Even then I adored my dad. I still do. I think much of my personality has been genetically passed on to me from my dad. Unfortunately, some of the physical genetic traits, I have received as well. The "solid" build, the McKendrick hips and thighs, etc. But to the important stuff....He's a people person. He knows how to make people smile and everyone loves my dad. He should have his own show, Everbody Loves Roger. Ha! Back in high school, people loved coming over to my house because my dad always joked around with them. Those are such good memories. My dad may not have acquired great wealth in this life. That seems to be the measure of men's success in our culture. My dad made his baby girl feel special. He makes me laugh. He sometimes doesn't know the right words to comfort me, but he tries. He gives good hugs and he says he loves me. I know he means it.

So, this blog entry is a tribute to Roger. Love you dad!

3 comments:

John said...

ROOOOOOGGG!! What a guy. I've enjoyed knowing him. The man can deal with some stress, lemme tell you. I've never seen a parent hold it together in front of others the way he can. And he is pretty funny too..

Amy said...

As one of those back in high school with you (coming over at least every afternoon the girls basketball team had a late practice and then some), I can testify to how much fun it was to come over to your house cause Roger was so great! This picture is indeed precious. Yay for such a great pops.

Fifi said...

Amy, I loved it when you guys would come over. Remember how we always ate PB&J sandwiches before those b-ball practices? Good times indeed.