Thursday, February 01, 2007

First Snow



What a way to start off the month! SNOW! I've been very skeptical when the weather guys say, "Wintry weather is in the forecast." My typical reaction is, "Yeah, right." But, I have to admit, when I saw the chance of preciptiation was 90%, I got my hopes up. I fell asleep early last night watching Citizen Kane>/a> with Randy. He had made a fire and I was snuggled up on the couch with Milly the wonderdog. So, falling asleep was the natural thing to do.
This morning, I woke up to (not quite) a winter wonderland, but as the morning progressed, the snow started sticking! Yee ha! Randy made a wonderful breakfast of waffles, sausage and eggs and even O.J.! Unfortunately, I had to trek into work. The roads were fine, but I think we're getting to leave early. I hear ice is a real possibility!
Anyway, here are a couple of photos to prove that we actually got some white stuff.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to see that you were concentrating on taking the picture while going down the road and not on actually driving....

We had some snow/ice (mostly ice) a couple weeks ago here in Austin that shut the town down for about 3 days. I always get a bit giddy when we get the frozen stuff... kind of fun.

Steven Mast said...

please sir, may I have another