Monday, May 05, 2008

Remember Me

About 2 weeks ago, I asked the Lord to remember me. I was praying in the shower and prayed this prayer with the utmost sincerity. There are days that I feel that He has forgotten my life, forgotten my plight -- simply forgotten me. This morning, after I got back from swimmming at the Y, i opened my devotional and the reading was from Isaiah 49. These are the verses that jumped out at me in light of my prayer 2 weeks ago:

14 But Zion said, "The LORD has forsaken me,
the Lord has forgotten me."

15 "Can a mother forget the baby at her breast
and have no compassion on the child she has borne?
Though she may forget,
I will not forget you!

16 See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands;
your walls are ever before me.

He does not forget. He remembers.

No comments: