Wednesday, April 23, 2008

SheRox!




September 14, 2008, I'll be doing this.
I've started the preliminary training. I started running more regularly about a month - 6 weeks ago. I got in the pool about a month ago and I had my first introduction to Charlotte's booty loop. I thought I handled it pretty well for my first real ride. (I should take this moment to give a shout out to Adam for being patient and slowing his pace for me!)
I am excited, scared, and feeling very empowered all at the same time. For the first time in a long time, I feel like I have a goal in sight and that feels really good. With my job, I'm not very goal oriented. I'm not one of those people who has a 5 year plan. So this is a true goal to work towards and I will feel very accomplished when I run through the finish line! I am so thankful to have friends in my community who are triathletes and are extremely helpful and encouraging! It's awesome.

1 comment:

Amy said...

You rock! How cool--I admire you for setting your sights on such a challenging goal.

p.s. I tagged you on my blog. :)