Sunday, August 12, 2007

Another Myspace real life encounter

Friday night, I had fallen asleep on my couch while watching A League of Their Own on TV. Steve was sitting/lying on the floor after just sneaking some semi-sweet morsels that I bought just for him when he comes over. He loves them.
So anyway, my phone makes the sound that it does when a text message comes in. I walk over, pick up my phone and notice it's a NJ area code. I knew it wasn't one person so I texted back, "Moe? Is that you?" Sure enough, it was my friend Monica Navarro. I know her through a mutual friend. She's one of those people that I connected with right away. Anyway, Monica had texted to find out if I was around. She was sitting over at Sir Edmund Haley's, a local pub, with some of her friends from Charlotte. Due to a security breach Friday morning, flights were cancelled. Monica was only supposed to lay over in Charlotte, but she was unable to get a flight out. Thankfully she has friends here. So, Steve (after he finished off some more semi-sweet morsels) and I headed over to meet Monica. It was one of those times where you just pick up and it feels normal to be hanging out with people you've never met before. MySpace has been good to me. This is the 4th time I've met a friend in person after only exchanging online communications. All 4 I now consider friends.
By the way, Monica was stuck here until Sunday evening so we were able to meet up with her again for Indian buffet after church on Sunday. Yay.
Oh and her friends were great too! I look forward to hanging with them again sometime soon!

No comments: