Saturday, September 30, 2006

sad

what made me a little teary this morning is that i won't be subject to ian, my nephew just coming up and throwing his arms around me. this kid makes me soar. he loves me. he really truly loves me just because. or maybe it's because i'm so over the moon for him and he senses that. my 8 yr old nephew is smart and funny and loving. he's still sweet and he's 8. anyway....it got me on the line of thinking of how i'm actually living in a different city than all these wonderful people that i've grown to care about so much over the past few years. this morning was the first moment where i had to stop and think and mourn a little bit. yeah, that's right. i'm mourning a bit. now, for those of you in charlotte, don't think i'm regretting moving here. i don't. i think at this time in my life, it's really best and it's a good opportunity to stretch my legs as an individual (and maybe lose some of my codependent habits). BUT i am sad about leaving behind a cool town and some wonderful people. it's distance that makes you appreciate what you usually take for granted. it's takes being away to realize how much you had previously. my life is a great deal fuller and rich because of my friendships with folks in asheville.

so, to quote celine: my heart will go on.

No comments: