Monday, October 13, 2008

Retreating

This past weekend, a group of my friends and me escaped to Boone, NC for some time together. The point of the weekend was to share our stories. Our stories all have a common theme: God has been working in our lives. I knew this weekend would be an important one for our group. I knew that we'd grow closer by know where others came from, what struggles they've faced, disappointments they've had, broken relationships they've come out of, etc. But it was really wonderful to hear how the Lord has been working in each of their lives from childhood (in most cases). A lot of us had knowledge of God or had been exposed to God, the church, etc, but it hasn't been until our adult lives that we have gained a real understanding of Him. And even though we've shared parts of our stories with each other before, I think there's been a shift, a trust that's been gained. I hope to see the fruit of this down the road.

In addition to sharing some pretty deep stuff, we also laughed a lot and just enjoyed the beautiful surroundings. Here's a few shots from Boone!




No comments: