Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Not the same path

I'm different than I was 10 years ago. I guess most people can say that. I wonder how it is that some couples get married when they're in their early 20's and stay together. My parents did it. Well, my mom was 21 and my dad was 26, but still.
When I think back to how I handled myself in certain situations, I cringe. My self now hurts for my self then. I was so willing to make other people happy at my expense. This played out in certain relationships that went on way too long. I guess most would say that I totally dodge a bullet and the Lord certainly protected me.

A situation came up recently where I could have easily gone back down that path I was familiar with, but I'm stronger now. I feel like I actually have learned something in 10 years. I won't allow myself to compromise my happiness, emotional well being for someone else's.

To most of you this is probably a bit cryptic. And that's okay. There are those of you who know exactly what I'm writing about and hopefully you will be encouraged and proud of me! It's progress, y'all.

The Lord has healed some hurts from the past and I know there's good stuff in store.

No comments: