Friday, September 19, 2008

Thirty two

My birthday week got off to a great start by racing in the SheRox Triathlon up at Latta Plantation early on Sunday morning (and I mean early). I should blog about my race experience in another entry because I have a lot of thoughts about it, but right now I'm basking in my being thirty-two years old. I am no longer just barely in the thirties; I'm solidly in my thirties. Any age with a two at the end sounds so much more substantial.

I'm 32 and I'm just fine. 31 started off with a lot of turmoil - a relationship ending, but quickly started to get better as I got involved with my wonderful small group! I found some new friends as well as continuing to invest in my tried and true friends. I found peace and hope in the midst of some hard family stuff. In April, I launched into training for the triathlon which helped me get to a level of fitness that made me feel so good about myself and what my body could do. I deepened friendships through long bike rides and runs and trips to the pool. I gained confidence. So, thirty-one was good to me. I can only hope thirty-two will be even better!

Yesterday was a great day. I received so many birthday wishes (thanks to Facebook) and received phone calls, got taken out to both lunch AND dinner and I smiled...a lot.

From the previous post, I'm still confident that "The Lord will perfect that which concerns me..."

No comments: