Thursday, November 08, 2007

Yoga with a twist....literally

So, I've been slack about using my YMCA membership for the last couple of months. My excuse is that the weather has been so nice that I wanted to be outdoors. Lately though, it's been getting dark earlier and I haven't felt much like walking in the dark and the cold. So today I ventured over to the Y for "Christian Yoga". I had no idea what to expect. I've only done yoga once before and that was years ago. I really wanted to give this a whirl. Emily did prenatal yoga before Vivian was born and it kind of piqued my interest again.

It was really great. It was challenging physically and spiritually refreshing. She spoke words from Scripture along the way and prayed at the end. I almost cried when it was over. There was such release at the end. Yes, there were cheesy moments, but overall it was really good for my body and my spirit! I'll definitely go back next week.

One more thing: I ran into one of the other women who took the class in the locker room. She said that she couldn't take the religious stuff and that she wouldn't be back. I reminded her that it was promoted as Christian Yoga. She said she knew, but she couldn't take it. I said, "Well, that's too bad."

No comments: